PTC’s PVZ enterprise visualization format is content-rich, compact and accurate. When under PLM control, PVZ data is also automatically published, access-controlled and configuration managed.
But… given that PVZ is targeted primarily at PTC products and processes, how do you use this data in other environments such as:
- Virtual reality and other custom environments (e.g. Unity applications)
- Third-party modelling applications (e.g. 3DS Max, Maya, etc.)
How can you expand the automation pipeline with your PVZ data to support in-house applications and processes?
Finity TransFBX enables you to extract more value from your enterprise visualization data by providing high-performance conversion between PTC’s PVZ formats and the FBX format.
By translating to FBX, you can re-purpose your existing PVZ 3D assets for use in many other tools which don’t accept PVZ as an input format.
Moreover, as Finity TransFBX is a member of the Finity family of Automated Content Transformation (ACT) tools, data conversions can be automated, removing the need for expensive manual operations or re-modelling. When used in conjunction with Finity Vada, you can simultaneously and automatically generate augmented reality experiences and FBX data for the broadest possible enterprise 3D data re-use.
- Developed with the respective APIs from PTC and Autodesk for robust operation
- Product structure and hierarchy (from PVS)
- Geometry (from OL)
- Product meta-data (from PVS)
- Texture mapped parts
- Sequences and animations (from PVI)
- Remove expensive and slow manual human interaction and re-modelling
- Increase value of existing enterprise 3D assets
- Drive multiple downstream visual solutions from engineering data
Finity TransFBX : Expanding the 3D product data landscape